Thursday, February 28, 2008

Find Me a Word That Rhymes

I've been preoccupied with this Pavement song today called "Spit on a Stranger." It's from my favorite ep of theirs of the same title. In particular there's a couplet of lines that I've been working over: "Honey, I'm a prize and you're a catch and we're a perfect match/Like two bitter strangers/Now I see the long and the short of it and I can make it last/I could spit on a stranger..." I don't know if it should make me feel gooey inside or just sad. Maybe both.


Another good track off that ep is called "Harness Your Hopes," which has some of the most ridiculous of their lyrics ("find me a word that rhymes with Pavement/and I will kill your parents/and roast them on a spit"). Makes me want to row a canoe for some reason...

1 comment:

Peter said...

I'll explain the meaning of that song to you, but only if you can tell me what a Carrot Rope is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxehrvhNMY8