Friday, March 21, 2008

True Affection

In my own (very minutely important) opinion, The Blow's take on the troubles and tribulations of what it's like to be a little neurotic and in love is the most honest since the hey day of the girl group era. This track of hers, called "True Affection," makes me feel sad every time I hear it. It's her treatise on what it feels like when you realize that even if you and some other person love each other very much, it doesn't mean everything is going to work out, and it's pretty spot on. "True affection floats/true affection sinks like a stone/I never felt so close/I never felt so all alone." I also love its references to how being love being like sinking underwater with someone. I wish she was still performing the songs she made with Jonas Becholt.

No comments: