Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fantastic Voyage

Walking to the bus this blue sky morning, I had the lush David Bowie song 'Fantastic Voyage' playing in my head. Last weekend I picked up a used copy of David Bowie's 'Lodger' remastered in Dinkytown, so it's been spinning at my house.

'Fantastic Voyage' features one of Bowie's greatest premier croon deliveries. The apex of the climax is guaranteed to thrill ya! Here is a clip from 2004's live tour:


I saw this tour in the bisected Target Center theater set-up. We snuck down from the nosebleeds, to some unoccupied front row seats, and Bowie delievered 1st class all the way, with full voice and in bloom. One of my first shows ever was the Glass Spider Tour, an sadly unfulfilling experience. 2004 more than made up for it. When he played 'Fantastic Voyage', a relatively rare inclusion; I thought nice, now that's more like it!

No comments: